Savvy Softball Event
SAVVY SOFTBALL ELITE SUMMER SHOOTOUT
TOURNAMENT RULES – JULY 13-16, 2023
1. Proof of Insurance/Roster: No team may take the field unless properly checked in. All
teams must provide proof of insurance and a copy of their tournament roster. NO player
is allowed to play on multiple teams or rosters during the tournament.
2. NFHS rules will apply with the following listed exceptions.
3. Home team: Will be determined by coin flip, this includes bracket play.
4. Game Times/Time Limit: Games will start at scheduled times. No new inning will
begin after 90 minutes, finish the inning or 7 innings completed, whichever comes first.
All pool games and bracket games will utilize these time limits. The clock will start at
end of pregame meeting between coaches and umpires. A new inning starts with the 3rd
out of the previous inning. Time will be kept by field umpires. Pool games can end in a
5. Run Rule: 8 after 5 innings
6. Pool Play Tiebreakers:
– 2 Teams tied: Head-to-Head, Run Differential, Runs allowed, Runs scored, coin
– More than 2 teams tied: Run Differential, Runs Allowed, Runs scored, coin flip.
– Forfeits will be scored 7-0.
7. Lineups Modifications: Pool Games and Bracket Play Games: Straight nine up to entire
roster. Flex can be used.
8. Courtesy Runners: Last recorded out or a sub that has not appeared in the game.
9. International Tiebreaker: Will be used in bracket play only. ITB will begin at the top of
the 8th inning or at the top of the next inning following the expiration of time limit.
10. Game balls: Will be provided and will be returned to umpire at end of game. Please have
players retrieve foul balls.
11. Pitching Rule: While the pitcher takes the sign, her stride foot may be on or behind the
rubber as far back as desired. Once the pitcher initially sets her toe of her stride foot, she
CANNOT move it to increase (no step back) the distance behind the rubber. In addition,
the pitcher must take sign from the rubber.
12. Protests: There are NO protests allowed. Umpire’s decision is final.
13. Poor Sportsmanship: Any coach, or player ejected from the game is subject to
suspension for next game. Fans ejected from the park will be suspended for the rest of
14. Pregame Warm-up: Beyond outfield fences.
15. Scores: Need to be reported to umpires at end of each game. Umpires will turn in
scorecards with final scores.
16. Tourney Format: The Tournament Director reserves the right to change the format due
to weather or other circumstances as needed.
17. TURF FIELDS: NO METAL SPIKES, NO GUM, NO SEEDS, NO FOOD of any kind
in the athletic playing area. Tennis shoes, turf shoes, or molded cleats on all turf.
18. ANY SCHEDULING UPDATES DURING THE TOURNAMENT WILL BE
AVAILABLE ON TOURNEY MACHINE AND WILL ALSO BE
COMMUNICATED VIA TWITTER. SCORES WILL BE POSTED ON
TOURNEY MACHINE ONCE GAMES ARE COMPLETE.
Contact: Dan Paulson – Tournament Director Cell: 217-276-6708
Brandon Crozier – Tournament Director Cell: 217-962-1451
Stacey Birdsong – Tournament Director Cell: 217-317-9053